Our Core Beliefs are:
- We believe that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God, without error.
- We believe that Jesus is Lord, the Son of God, who died on the cross for our sins, but arose from the dead.
- We believe that Jesus will return to take believers back to heaven with Him.
- We believe in prayer; that it can change you or your situation.
- We believe that you should treat people with respect.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a Christ-centered church that reaches the lost, equips the saved, and sends the faithful.
Our Mission Statement
- To love people in order to lead them to a life of service unto the Lord.
Articles of Faith
- The Scriptures – that the Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is a perfect treasure of heavenly instruction; that it has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without error for its content.
- In The True God – that the Scriptures teach us that there is one living and true God, an infinite an intelligent Spirit, whose name is Jehovah, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth. He is glorious in holiness and worthy of all honor, confidence and love.
- In The Fall of Humanity – that the Scriptures teach that man was created in holiness, but by voluntary transgressions fell from that holy state. As a consequence, all humanity are now sinners, being utterly void of that holiness required by the Law of God. Humanity is positively inclined to evil and therefore under just condemnation, are subject to eternal judgment without excuse or defense.
- In The Way to Salvation – that the Scriptures teach that the way of salvation for sinners is wholly of grace, through the mediation of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who by appointment from the Father, freely took upon him our nature , yet without sin. Humanity can only be saved through the confession of faith in Jesus’ death on the cross which made a full and complete atonement for our sins. We further believe that Jesus was raised from the dead and is now enthroned in heaven making intercession for us to his Father.
- In Justification – that the Scriptures teach that Jesus Christ’s death secures our place, position and our future presence before God, the Father, because of the passion of Jesus Christ when he was crucified at Calvary. We believe that our justification has resulted in pardon of sin and includes the promise of eternal life based on the principles of God’s righteousness. We believe humanity cannot earn their justification before God but is solely through faith in the Redeemer’s blood, by virtue of which, is imputed to us from God.
- In the Freeness of Salvation – that the Scriptures teach that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the Gospel. It is the duty of all to accept them by obedient faith and that nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth except his own determined depravity and voluntary rejection of the Gospel.
- In Regeneration – we believe that the Scriptures teach that in order to be saved, sinners must be regenerated, or born again. Regeneration consists in giving a having a renewed mind that is brought about by the power of the Holy Spirit so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel.
- In Repentance and Faith – that the Scriptures teach that repentance and faith are sacred duties of the believer. Repentance and faith are inseparable graces that are brought about in our soul by the regenerating Spirit of God. We turn to God in honest contrition, confession and supplication for mercy because of the guilt and shame of our sins that are before the Father. Repentance and faith involves looking unto Jesus as our prophet, priest and king and relying on him alone as our only Saviour.
- In God’s Grace – that the Scriptures teach us that our salvation is the eternal purpose of God who accordingly regenerates, sanctifies and saves sinners. We believe God’s grace is the most glorious display of God’s sovereign goodness, in such a way that it utterly excludes boasting in self-righteousness but promotes humility, love, prayer, praise and trust in God.
- In the Christian Sabbath – that the Scriptures teach that the first day of the week in the Lord’s Day (or Christian Sabbath) is to be kept sacred for religious purposes and by abstaining from all secular labor and sinful recreations.
- In Civil Government – that the Scriptures teach us that civil government is of divine appointment, for the interest and good of human society. We further believe that government officials should be prayed for, consciously honored and obeyed, in accordance to the will of the Father.
- In the Righteous and the Wicked – that the Scriptures teach that there is a essential difference between the righteous and the wicked. We believe that one is justified through faith in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is through Jesus that we are sanctified by the Spirit of God and are truly righteous in the Father’s eyes.
- In the World to Come – that the Scriptures teach that the end of the world is approaching and that at the last day, Christ will descend from heaven, raising the dead from the grave for final retribution. We believe that a solemn separation will take place where the wicked will be judged and sent to endless punishment, and the righteous will be sent to endless joy. This judgment is fixed forever and cannot be altered at the time of death.